One day, I wanted to eat something with chocolate and immediately thought of preparing the chocolate mug cake. Rushed into the kitchen, opened the pantry to see the available ingredients. I saw half a can of condensed milk left in my pantry after preparing the coconut ladoos. At the same time, I noticed my mom was grating carrot for preparing lunch. Remembered a bookmarked recipe from Tarla dalal's site and prepared this Egg less Microwave Chocolate Carrot Cake. It came out super moist and soft. I added more walnuts to get extra crunchiness while enjoying the chocolate.
Preparation Time: 3 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 minute + 5 minutes cooling time
Serves: 5 persons
Butter - 1/2 cup, melted
Condensed milk - 1/2 cup
Honey - 2 teaspoons
Castor Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Baking Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
All purpose flour / Plain Flour / Maida - 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tablespoons
Grated Carrot - 3/4 cup
Walnuts - 2 tablespoons, roughly chopped
1) Grease the microwave safe bowl with butter and dust it with flour. Keep aside.
2) Take a mixing bowl, mix all the wet ingredients one by one.
4) Finally add the grated carrot and walnuts. Mix again. Transfer this batter to the prepared microwave safe bowl. You can either use paper cups to prepare muffins.
6) Cut into slices and enjoy.
1) If you notice the cake hasn't cooked well, you can cook it again for few more minutes. This step might vary depending on the type of the microwave used.
2) It is important to allow the cake to cool for at least 5 minutes as the heat retained within the cake will gradually continue to cook the cake.